For internet entrepreneurs, there is nothing more important than their website or the company website. It is very important that one particular aspect is given special consideration i.e. speed! Speed is important not only from the SEO perspective but also because it might get you more customers. So internet entrepreneurs really need to worry about their site speed, I have listed out some unique ways to boost your site speed here in the post.
On the web people have zero patience (yes, even the patient types). Google quickly pops up your link during a search, someone clicks it and the timer begins! If your website doesn’t pop open in three ticks then you have just lost a customer. They will quickly press ‘back’ and go to the next link.
Make Use of the Pingdom Tool To Test Site Speed In-Depth
Type in the URL of the website you want to test for speed and click ‘Test Now’.
Pingdom will check out the total time required for your site to appear on the screen..
The cool thing- This is where Pingdom is really useful. No doubt, you get the time required for the whole site to load along with it you also get a chart that displays the loading time for each object on the page.
If You Use Mozilla Firefox
I love Mozilla Firefox and seriously believe it is the best browser available for a blogger, internet entrepreneur etc.
Coming back to the point.
Once you get Mozilla or if you already have install the Firebug and YSlow tools. Then,
Open your site in the browser>Tools>Open Firebug>YSlow>Analyze Performance.
After you finish off with this, the tool will list factors that contribute to site speed and also flag areas that need improvement, along with recommendations to fix it.
Powerful Ways To Speed Up Your Site
You can do a number of thing to speed up your website, here are a few powerful ways to speed up your site below.
- Keep it simple. Don’t try to overdo your site with makeup. Always keep in mind the Google homepage – it doesn’t get any simpler than that. Simple=Sophisticated.
- Combine your Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) into a single file.
- Streamline and trim your CSS code by eliminating all the unused styles.
- Using caching plugin if you are using any blogging platform.
- Trim images as much as possible and specify image dimensions
- Use CSS Sprites to combine background images into a single image.
- Avoid flash as much as possible.
- Move your website from a shared to a dedicated server or choose a more premium web hosting service.
Hope you found the above article informative to improve site loading speed. Having a fast company website could make all the difference between success and failure in your online business.