I was in the presence of greatness, at least for the better part of the day. TEDxSRM was conducted in SRM University, Chennai on 25th September 2010. TEDxSRM had the theme “SHARE” where eminent speakers came to give their TED talks. TEDx basically means an independently organized TED event in affiliation to the actual TED.
The list of TEDxSRM speakers included –
- Neerja Malik: TWO time cancer survivor, happily married with twins (1 son & 1 daughter)
- Sriram Ayer: Social Entrepreneur and Founder of Nalanda Way foundation
- David Nash: CEO of The Banyan
- D.K. Hari: Founder of Bharat Gyaan
- Ms Sheelu, Tamil Nadu Women’s Collective
- Mr Anshu Gupta, Founder Director – Goonj.
- S. Gurumurthy: Journalist
- Mr Nitin Gupta, CEO – Entertainment Engg
- Rahul Eashwar: Author, Social Activist and Corporate Trainer
- Padmashri (Ms) Krishnammal Jagannathan
- Mr Hemanth Kumar, MD – Hand in Hand Microfinance Pvt Ltd
- Mr Muralidharan, Founder – Sevalaya.
- Vadivel Pillai: Illusionist
The inception of TEDxSRM was done when internet entrepreneur Kiruba Shankar came to SRM University a few months back and he talked about organizing a TED event in SRM.
Related Post: What is TED? How Can An Entrepreneur Benefit From It?
The curator for TEDxSRM was Mrs. Anuradha Parakkat.
I must confess that the event has been one of the most educational experiences of my life. TEDxSRM basically allowed us to network with people who are at a much higher plane than us. I was able to personally talk to the CEO of The Banyan – David Nash, who is a British national.
The tickets for the event were accompanied with a TEDxSRM T-shirt. TEDxSRM was shown live at www.srmuniv.ac.in/tedx and the webcast was powered by www.purplestream.in. The event was held at SRM University’s T.P. Ganesan Auditorium.