Retiring young is the number one reason most people choose to be entrepreneurs. In my own case, I would love to retire as early as possible. Unfortunately, retiring early also means that you need to be financially free. Because there is no point in retiring early and then having no money for the basic needs of life.
“I look forward to the freedom to find time to do things I’ve always wanted to. I don’t want to leave the company in a wheelchair or in a box.”
-Ratan Tata (Chairman, Tata Sons)
I am sure many of you have seen the movie – The Bucket List, starring Morgan Freeman. In the movie, two guys who are about to die write down a list of things that they want to do before dying. Since then, everyone caught on to the rage of creating their own personal bucket lists.
“Sadly, though, most bucket lists are works of fiction, written but never manifested.“
Most people have a lot of dreams that they want to fulfill. But it is an ambition which most of are never able to complete. Our bucket list becomes fictional. All the things written on them become wildly unreal and impossible.
Here are 5 solid reason why you should focus on retiring young and early:
- So that you do not end up wondering where the years went and why you barely know your kids and partner.
- So that you do not spend the healthiest years of your life sitting in a cubicle, tackling your boss and colleagues.
- So that it does not take you until the last breath of your life to realize what is it that is really important to you.
- So that you don’t die thinking that you never for even once in your life, did the one thing that you really wanted to do.
- So that you know your life was given to you, to be lived for you and not for a corporate company or only your family.
I hope that this post was insightful for you as well as an urgent call to action to get your life under your control. Let me know your thoughts below.